Lloyd Price - Editor
Lloyd founded Healthcare.Digital in 2016 as a thought leadership forum, blog and meet-up event for Digital Health, Pharma and Life Science entrepreneurs to share their stories and promote their innovations.
Lloyd is a technology entrepreneur, corporate executive and board advisor with 22+ years of experience building Digital businesses in 7 industries - Healthcare, Retail, Travel, Financial Services, Automotive, Advertising and Dating.
He has performed senior management, C-Level & founder roles @ Induction Healthcare, Zesty, Badoo, Kelkoo, Yahoo! UK and Yahoo! Europe.
Lloyd co-founded Zesty in June 2012, building the company through multiple investment rounds from leading European & US Venture Capital funds into an award-winning UK Digital Health company and sale to Induction Healthcare Group PLC in May 2020.
His 10+ years board member and advisory experience includes Zesty Ltd, the Deepbridge Capital Life Sciences fund, TenX Digital Health fund, Digital Healthcare Council and various Health Tech and Consumer Internet Start-ups.
Lloyd has founded and co-founded various Digital Health organisations in the last 10 years -
1) July 2012 – co founded Zesty Consumer, the UK's first online healthcare marketplace focused on private Dentists, Physio’s, Osteopath’s, GP’s, Mental Health therapists, Dieticians etc..
2) June 2016 – co founded Zesty Enterprise, the UK's leading hospital patient portal focused on NHS acute hospitals and community health providers, specialising in Digital Outpatients.
3) April 2016 – founded as a thought leadership forum, blog and meet-up event for Digital Health and Life Science entrepreneurs to share their stories and innovations.
4) October 2017 - founding member of the Digital Healthcare Council. We believe that digital healthcare can transform the quality of patient care and experience of care.
He has achieved various exits in the last 20 years as a founder, member of the senior management team, early-stage employee and angel investor:
1) March 2004 - Kelkoo acquired by Yahoo! for $575 Million (Early stage Kelkoo employee)
2) November 2008 - Kelkoo acquired by Jamplant Private Equity (Senior mgt team at Kelkoo)
3) September 2014 - October 2016. Consumer Internet and eCommerce exits (Angel investor)
4) November 2019 - Badoo acquired by Blackstone for $3 Billion (Early stage Badoo employee)
5) May 2020 - Zesty acquired by Induction Healthcare Group PLC (Co-founder at Zesty)