Clinicoin is an open source wellness platform that rewards users with cryptocurrency for engaging in healthy activities. Leveraged by a blockchain-based ecosystem, the platform is designed to connect people, developers, and providers, worldwide, improving global health, wellness, and research.
The Clinicoin community covers all corners of health, wellness, healthcare, and research. From individuals to organizations, the community benefits anyone who is looking to improve health and wellness, whether for themselves, their company, or humanity at large.
Clinicoin’s secure, open source mobile platform leverages mobile messaging, APIs, smart contracts, and a rewards-based ecosystem to incentivize and reward people, providers, and developers for their participation. We believe it’s time for a “super app” in health and wellness, one that starts with the user, provides much needed solutions, and inspires industry innovation.
It should be readily available to users, developers, practitioners, and researchers all over the world, providing them with a simple an inexpensive way to bring solutions to those who need them.
Clinicoin's mission is to connect people, providers, researchers, and developers in delivering on the true potential of health technologies, worldwide. We believe collaboration, not competition, will be the driving force behind the success of global health and wellness. Utilizing mobile technologies, human social interactions, and the blockchain, Clinicoin seeks to empower people in their health and wellness, while providing organizations with simple, affordable, and innovative tools to achieve desired health outcomes in the digital age. The healthcare industry is in a communications paradigm shift. People have more access to information than ever before.
They’re mobile-ready and using technology to track and manage their health. Even so, they make poor or uninformed choices regarding their health and wellness. Up to half of all premature deaths (before age 80) in the U.S. are due to behavioral and other preventable factors.* Combining wellness, healthcare, research, mobile software, and the blockchain, powerful, yet simple programs can be designed to improve and extend the lives of millions of people.
An open source, blockchain-leveraged health and wellness platform
1. Clinicoin Protocol - The protocol powers the Clinicoin platform, enabling users, developers, and providers to interact securely in an engagement-driven rewards ecosystem. It is made up of four core functions that tie into the Ethereum blockchain. The open source protocol enables developers to create apps (“ClinApps”) and to include third party interfaces inside the Clinicoin app container.
2. Secure Messaging - The messenger uses end-to-end encryption, enabling users to interact with each other, organizations, researchers, and digital tools securely (HIPAA compliant). Rather than downloading a new app for each provider, health, or research organization they want to communicate with, users simply add them as a contact inside the Clinicoin address book.
3. Rewards Engine - The Rewards Engine enables the distribution of Clinicoin (CLIN) tokens among community members. They can be used for completing healthy tasks, to incentivize adherence, or for participating in medical research. The Rewards Engine integrates with third party apps through ClinApps, so users can earn tokens interacting with software applications outside of the Clinicoin platform.
4. Proof of Engagement (PoE) and Validators - Proof of Engagement (PoE) is the confirmation of healthy activities connected to the Clinicoin platform by one of two different types of third parties called Validators (health app developers and activity leaders). CLIN token rewards are distributed based on a PoE algorithm to users from the community rewards pool, which will be 600 million CLIN at genesis.
5. Health and Wellness Marketplace - The marketplace is where Clinicoin members spend their CLIN tokens for access to tools, content, products, and services. Starting out as centralized to ensure stability and scalability, it will move towards decentralization, where vendors and even additional marketplaces can exist as part of the network.
The Clinicoin Platform
The Clinicoin platform enables secure communications, rapid app development, and rewards delivery in a health, wellness, and research environment serving users, providers, and developers within the community. Open Source, Collaboration Friendly The platform is made up of four key functions that make it useful to all members of the Clinicoin community as well as the healthcare and research industries:
• Secure Messaging
• Rewards Engine
• Proof of Engagement (PoE) and Validators
Each of these functions provides an affordable, simple platform for the development of global health and research innovations.
Secure messaging enables private communications between two or more parties and applications (ClinApps). The best mobile communications are private and secure. Text messaging puts healthcare providers and researchers in a difficult place: SMS is not secure or HIPAA compliant. Using SMS means curbing communications or paying for secure mobile apps, then convincing people to use them. More providers means more apps to download.
The Clinicoin app acts like many popular mobile messaging apps, but with healthcare-grade privacy, data security, digital tools, and a rewards system. Rather than downloading a new app for each doctor, specialist, pharmacy, clinic, medical study, support group, therapist, or hospital, users simply add them as a contact in the app’s address book. They connect to digital tools and third party software the same way.
The Rewards Engine is the token distribution mechanism, enabling engagement transactions between users, developers, and providers. Health and wellness can and should be fun, whenever possible. Clinicoin’s Rewards Engine adds incentives and gamification to the experience. There is plenty of evidence showing the value of rewards and games in improving one’s health, but they mostly happen in “walled garden” environments through a single system.
For them to truly be effective, rewards programs should be experienced more holistically, encouraging healthy behaviors in self-management as well as complying with and adhering to the plans of providers and healthcare organizations. This means rewarding users for being proactive in their health and wellness as well as for being engaged with providers and developers in the community. The Clinicoin Rewards Engine utilizes tokens and Token Distribution Events (TDEs) defined by providers and developers so users can earn rewards in all aspects of their journey, whether they’re feeling sick or in great health.
Points, rewards, and loyalty programs are natural components of a marketplace. Most are set up with users playing one of two roles: buyer or seller. In order to maintain a healthy ecosystem, a marketplace needs to exist where participants can both earn and spend. Clinicoin’s Marketplace will enable multi-faceted transactions, with the goal and purpose of providing a thriving ecosystem where every community member can play both roles.
End to End Encryption (E2EE) Messenger
Clinicoin’s native application is an asynchronous mobile messaging application which utilizes the open whisper system (OWS), which is the leading end-to-end encryption messaging system in the industry. OWS provides users with secure channels of communication which are encrypted, while offering the additional compliance requirements for healthcare (HIPAA) and clinical trials (21 CFR 11). Clinicoin’s messaging service uses a combination of asynchronous key agreement protocols like X3DH which enables one party to create a message encrypted session and use that session to encrypt the subsequent messages even if the recipient is offline.
The asynchronous system is then combined with ratcheting algorithms like Double-Ratchet, which allows the sender and the receiver to keep communication channels open between two parties without compromising their messages. The combination of these two protocols is called the Sesame algorithm which uses sessions to support the end-to-end encryption between the sender and the recipient. This allows for users to be added at any point in the communication channel without losing its encryption functionality.
The following healthcare organizations have expressed interest in the Clinicoin project
Source : https://clinicoin.io